Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: Andrew Savory
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:32:01 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, MJ Ray wrote:

> I think that AFFS is large enough now to merit its own lists, including
> affs-discuss which should be very much centred on "what can the AFFS do
> about X" and "what are the AFFS doing about X".

Yes.

> Maybe a family of low-traffic -wg lists is better than one combined
> -discuss.

No: I think fragmenting into -wg lists will reduce what the average member
knows about what is going on within AFFS. If at some point in the future
we find 90% of list traffic is one -wg, then that would be the point to
split the list.

Incidentally, this whole thread on affs-* mailing lists is a good example
of things I don't think should be cluttering the fsfe list. All
organisational AFFS issues serve to reduce fsfe-uk's efficacy as "UK Free
Software". As AFFS grows, organisational issues will only increase.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk