Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:34:28 +0000

On 2003-10-29 09:54:24 +0000 Neil Darlow <address@hidden> wrote:

That wouldn't be acceptable under new Spam legislation which requires this sort of list to be opt-in.

I think you're referring to the regulations in SI 2003 No 2426 (if not, please give the correct reference) which take effect on 11 December. Can you please direct me to where that would forbid this? We are using details gathered during a previous interaction for purposes of "similar" service and with a "simple means of refusing" so it looks to me like AFFS complies already, even though I'm not sure it falls in the scope. I am not a lawyer, though.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden