Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:36:40 +0100

On 2003-10-23 13:04:51 +0100 Brian Teeman <address@hidden> wrote:
AFFS would not have been cramped in themselves. It was the AFFS decision to allow two other people into their space.

I know. I'd rather we did that than not have them there at all. I also know that we could depend on those two to show up and help staff the stand. It just seems a simple statement of fact that we'd need more space for more people, as we got to the limit this time.

Your right beggars cant be choosers and the .Org Village costs alot of money.

Out of interest, how much did you get it for? I've been looking at 300 pounds per square metre for BETT at Olympia.

AFAIK you are the only person who wanted the "dead space" to be larger but

Rather, I believe I suggested using the centre space for birds of feather meetings instead of having any dead space. When you are trying to get the most use from an expensive area, it seems a shame to have unproductive space. I think we had at least two meetings in the cafe area and two meetings in the pub over the road. That's another reason why we invited more people onto the stand, to help cover for those.

feel free to design the village yourself and fit in 19 exhibitors in that space, taking into account the wishes and requirements of all the exhibitors.

I think I'd leave that to stand builders.

You seem to be taking something personally. If I said anything to offend, please accept my apologies. That was not my intention. This stand design was OK, but I hope that it continues to evolve based on past experiences. I would expect that you do too, as it changed from the NEC to Olympia. I appreciate that there are many constraints. For what it's worth, I'd like to see future versions include the possibility to talk to people at the stand without blocking the display and easier access for wheelchair users. At Olympia, I seemed to have trouble with background noise, too.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden