Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: abower
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:55:14 +0000

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 01:27:45PM +0000, Chris Croughton wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:25:15AM +0000, Kirsten Naylor wrote:

> I'm not sure where you get the "sheer posting volume" from.  This list
> at present is not exactly high-volume (I've been on some which are
> hundreds of messages every day, and people there say /those/ aren't
> "high volume" compared to some!).  Since most of the activity here at
> the moment is pretty AFFS-specific I'd expect about this volume on the
> AFFS-specific list, with something less being crossposted to the
> FS-specific list.

I am told she was talking about receiving posts twice when they do get
crossposted. Anyhow this list is currently has a very high noise ratio and I
have found that I am not reading much of it in depth anymore due to what I
perceive as a large amount of utterly useless "chatter". (my opinion only that
second sentence)

> > I imagine at this point in the thread that not many remain that will
> > read this ;) it is extremely dull and probably we will never reach an
> > agreement.
>
> There's not much else happening.  Perhaps everyone else has left the
> list <g>...

Kirsty unsubscribed shortly after sending that message... We have already lost
many subscribers or people have stopped reading this list due to the low amount
of communication on free software and the amount of posts with no real content
in them. (again my opinion only, not statement of fact)

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem