Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux User & Developer Expo

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux User & Developer Expo
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:20:37 +0100

On 2004-04-24 09:39:29 +0100 Nick Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

The visitor numbers to the expo were way, way down.

Anyone know where we can get data? I'm not sure we had an official number for the October one, only the rumour of 6000.

If you are behind a counter, the visitor feels they have their own space and can come and go easily. Having a counter between you can be less intimidating for both parties.

Stand staff really need not be intimidated by a show situation. If they do feel that way, that's something we need to fix.

I believe not having a counter is good only once a relationship and comfort zone have been established, unless you have a strong 'natural magnetism'.

Of course, invading your visitors' space is not good behaviour, but I don't suggest it. You must give visitors space and allow them to move. Did some .org stand staff start "trapping"? Yikes.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden