Re: [glob2-devel] Language demands

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Language demands
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:27:02 +0200

Stephane Magnenat wrote:

One of the required feature to be able to use tea in glob2 is that script execution has to be deterministic, so I'm afraid that (c) fail regarding this requirement. In general, there is two things to consider: 1) being able to have a wait instruction, that check some condition and on false switch to another thread. This condition should be rechecked every certain time.
Check per time is hard but check per "instruction" are possible. And as far as I can see SGSL use the "per tick" concept.

Per time demands some king of timer interrupt, multi thread setup the other counts only executed instructions, and are therfor more simple.

2) begin able to set a predefined maximum instruction count and then skip to the next thread. Point 1) is mandatory. Point 2) is only required if we want to be safe regarding to broken scripts.
You are thinking about forever loops in 2) ?

Cool. Do you have the source somewhere ?
There is only CVS for now at my site (http://lue.dk/prj/tea), and pserver :-)

You should be able to build the thing, and run some program, but it don't pass my unitest yet, but it will soon :-)

/BL