Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:50:39 -0600

Cameron Patrick wrote:
Brian May wrote:

looked) and a version of vim that can edit DOS text files (might be a
config issue that just requires 30 seconds of my time to fix; however
the cygwin version could do it without any config).

I no longer use vim very much; however I believe that :set ff=unix and
:set ff=dos should work for all variants of vim.  I'm pretty sure that
there's an option somewhere to auto-detect when opening a file too but
it isn't obvious from my vimrc what it is.

Cameron.

There is also "set fileformats=dos,unix", I'm not sure what the exact difference is. I think this one helps to set what is allowed. I think at one time it determined (based on which was first) what the default was for new files.