Re: If it is possible, avoid complexity

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: If it is possible, avoid complexity
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:57:03 +0200

On 4/23/07, Klaus Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:
> >   For example, it is good the webapp does not need mod_rewrite, being the
> > format of the URL requests similar to the current one. That is to say, the
> > webapp have a site-entry-point directory, and includes libraries from others
> > directories, which are not accessible via HTTP requests.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Yes mod_rewrite isn't absolutely needed. The webapp can always be
> reached through index.php?cntr=foo&action="" However we need
> something (probably a function within the HTML helper) to describe URLs
> easy. So that the webapp itself can decide whether it display URLs like
> in mod_rewrite or the standard way.

Here are a couple usability hints I've picked up so far for good URLs:
These tips can be easily done with mod_rewrite (anyone using old bookmarks will just be redirected) and a couple renamings of files, and would be good SEO and usability practice.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound