Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:56:29 +0200 (CEST)

>> No doubt about that, but we're not in the situation to fix Windows.
>
> Is the problem Windows, or that many of the GNU dependencies are
> difficult to install on Windows?

It's mainly a problem that we don't have a single devoted Windows
developer with good knowledge of all the nasty intricacies of that
operating system.  As far as I know, all developers on Windows
contribute either Scheme stuff or documentation.

Maybe this changes eventually.  It seems that LLVM will soon work on
Windows also; this essentially means that there will be a native
compiler on Windows which (more or less) understands gcc and g++
syntax.

    Werner