Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?

From: martinwguy
Subject: Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:37:24 +0200

On 24 August 2012 16:29, martinwguy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Rereading the thread, I'll go for "spannatore". At least that way,
> Italian readers know they are in front of a technical term with a
> meaning of its own

Oh dear. A "spannatore" is already a "demister" - the thing that makes
the mist disappear from your car windows. So these things serve to
demistify the brackets?
"Spannatrice" is much rarer, the feminine form that doesn't collide
with the demister.
Tiresia, what effect would finding these words in a lilypond error
message have on a normal Italian person?