Re: New LilyPond website

From: Paul
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:41:43 -0500

On 11/29/2016 10:08 AM, Karlin High wrote:

On 11/29/2016 4:47 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
But I would much more like to see it created by a static site generator, in a
system where the content can be managed as a Git repository.
I did a Google serach for "texinfo website generator." Here's one that
reminds me of the LilyPond way of doing things.

HAUNT:
https://haunt.dthompson.us/

Indeed, if we're talking static site generators, Haunt has a lot to recommend it, especially because it's written in Guile/Scheme which LilyPond devs/contributors know well. It works with texinfo. It's functional (as in functional programming). It makes few assumptions, is flexible, etc.

The recently revamped Guile website now uses Haunt:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/

(One issue with the current website build system is we're using an old and customized version of texi2html to generate html from texinfo files. Upgrading to the newer texi2any is a longstanding to-do item.)

-Paul