Re: [Nmh-workers] What about an nmh-1.6-RC1

From: heymanj
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What about an nmh-1.6-RC1
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:43:22 -0400

On 22 July 2014 at 17:35, Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden>wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2014, at 5:21 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Further unwinding of the problem is that on my amd64 (Mageia 3) system,
>> size_t winds up being resolved as an 'unsigned long int' in the gcc 4.7.2
>> headers (/path/to/gcc/4.7.2/include/stddef.h).  The line in question is:
>>
>>>        for ( i = 0; i < _yybytes_len; ++i )
>>
>> where 'i' is an int, and _yybytes_len is size_t.  Since timep.c is generated
>> by flex, so changing the _yy* variables isn't an easy out.  We could add
>>
>> #define YY_TYPEDEF_YY_SIZE_T
>> typedef long int yy_size_t
>
> size_t is required to be an unsigned type, so this would just mask the
> problem.

Ok - then making the local variable 'i' unsigned would work, but that would
get into the middle of the flex generation.

Ultimately we could also turn off the gcc warning, but that too would
defeat the purpose.

> What version of flex are you using?  And what's your OS version/patch-level?

address@hidden Downloads]$ rpm -qa | grep flex
flex-2.5.37-2.mga3
address@hidden Downloads]$ uname -a
Linux unix.hobbeshollow.com 3.10.44-desktop-1.mga3 #1 SMP Tue Jun 17 06:09:16
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> --lyndon

jerry