Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] darn near email done, merge notification (

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] darn near email done, merge notification (fwd)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:31:11 +0100

I'm not a developer here, so maybe my 2ยข aren't worth anything, but at least
I've been heavily using and testing phpgroupware since before 0.9.10 and I
actually consider installing it as the one and only groupware in my company.

Also I do pay someone for creating an addressbook replacement that fits our
needs much better than the actual one. Hopefully this can make it into CVS
for HEAD pretty soon. And I also hope the same work isn't done twice with
cdb.

But this discussion drives me nuts. So I have to tell you my impressions.

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 04:00:19PM -0600, Miles Lott wrote:
> This is very simple.  I am weary of being forced to think
> about it once again.  The facts of the situation have been
> explained to you ad nauseum.  If you don't like it, too bad.
> If you cannot accept it, then please leave.

That is not exactly the way a project manager should react. Being project
manager is something different from president.

I'm not willing to comment on the feature/bug fix discussion but it should
be held in a muchmore friendly way. To me the whole situation is quite
simple, either there are bugs in 14, then fix them or there aren't, then do
not touch it.

And a discussion about bug or feature could be done much more friendly.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
address@hidden