RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:28:14 +1000

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 15:40 +0200, Kai Hofmann wrote:
> Hi Dave (and all others),
>
> > >  1. Skel
> >
> > I think we need a better skel/example application for 18.  There is a
> > chance that the current email app may be relegated to unsupported.
>
> Correct also I am thinking skel should be LGPL that will help start a
> commercial product.

I have no interest in writing such a version of skel.  AFAIK skel is GPL
and should stay that way.

> > > The phpdoc work on the api has been stopped for known reasons.
> >
> > What would they be?
>
> No more api commit rights
> without direct commit rights - creating docs would be not practicable.
>
> Also a lot of bugfixes could be, because creating docs is the same as doing
> code review.

You still have API commit rights, but for regular breaches of project
policy - such as commiting when you shouldn't - i am suggesting that
they be revoked, and if you continue to breach policy your CVS rights
should be revoked completely.

This is not about the docs, but all the other unexplained commits to
apps which you don't maintain.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy