RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:15:54 +0200

> > > I think we need a better skel/example application for 18.
>  There is a
> > > chance that the current email app may be relegated to unsupported.
> >
> > Correct also I am thinking skel should be LGPL that will
> help start a
> > commercial product.
>
> I have no interest in writing such a version of skel.  AFAIK
> skel is GPL
> and should stay that way.

That does NOT depend on your personal interest only - should be a core team
decision!
And last but not least a decision of the FSF.

> > > What would they be?
> >
> > No more api commit rights
> > without direct commit rights - creating docs would be not
> practicable.
> >
> > Also a lot of bugfixes could be, because creating docs is
> the same as doing
> > code review.
>
> You still have API commit rights,

I am no longer a member of phpgwapi project - so no commit rights
go figure out yourself:
https://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group=phpgwapi

> but for regular breaches of project
> policy - such as commiting when you shouldn't - i am suggesting that
> they be revoked, and if you continue to breach policy your CVS rights
> should be revoked completely.
>
> This is not about the docs, but all the other unexplained commits to
> apps which you don't maintain.

The commits are all explained within the cvs messages.
But maybe you are not understanding them?

You better make a CT decision about this.
My point is that your behaviour is like a
pool of single developers - where everyone will
fight his area.
This is NOT very productive!

A lot of things like bugfixes, performance optimizations etc.
have not been done in the past, because of the lack of knowledge of
single developers.

In a TEAM this will be no problem, because everyone trusts each other
and verifies the work. Also communication is much more important.
For the last two years the communication within phpgw was much to low
and also often goes in the wrong direction.

So maybe you should take away also my commit rights on the phpgw project,
because I will ever do my best to bring a project forward - and this
implies for be making bug fixes etc. all over the whole thing.
I you (the core team and not Dave in person) don't want this - fine
then you lost a developer.

Its up to you.

Greetings

    PowerStat

P.S.: Please remove me from the bug/patch tracker notification list for
      documentation, because I am not longer the doc mainatiner.