Re: [Protux-devel] RTS problems

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] RTS problems
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:39:12 +0200 (CEST)

Do you mean crashes or complete computer freezes??

If it is a complete computer freeze, it most likely a problem due the fact
protux runs completely in RTC, instead of only the listen/going thread.
All related programs like Qt, run then in RTC as well, which gives you a
very responsive GUI, but not necesary and more error prone. If for some
reason the listen/going thread doesn't stop automatically, the computer
hangs.

If you mean, protux-crash, then I really have no idea what the problem is.
I have them still to, and it crashes when Track::addClip is executed.
If I run protux in a debugger, I never get this crash, and not running in
a debugger, sometimes.
Hopefully I get this crash when run in a debugger, so I (hopefully) can
trace the problem.

Last but not least, I've run protux for over 1 hour, and the only buffer
underruns appeared when an external program was heavily using the
harddisk. I run protux with priority=80;
CPU usage by other programs, or by protux itself makes no difference, only
long hard disk usage give buffer underruns at the moment, and very few....

Just for your information:
I compiled kernel-2.4.6-test5 without the preemtive option (something went
wrong with the configuration, I thought I had set it to yes) and protux
was spitting out a fluid of buffer underrun messages even when I run
protux in RTC, and no other program running on my computer. Very
strange...

Remon