Getting Mac Linux is not worth the trouble.

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Getting Mac Linux is not worth the trouble.
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:14:04 -0700

Ricardo Adrian Serrano-Ledee writes:
 > Aparently I missunderstood the information posted on the Swarm Web
 > site.  There is a binary version of Swarm for Linux, however is for
 > pentium PC linux!  Please see below.  The available binaries are for
 > pentium PC linux, HP/UX, and for Solaris.

If anybody's interested, we'd be happy to receive a ppc-mklinux
binary of Swarm.  From the 1.0.0 release, you should be able to
make a binary by doing a "make distrib".  If you've customized
yours with a SETUP inside the Makefile.conf, then it would
be "make distrib SETUP=booga", where booga is whatever you named
your setup (e.g. mine is "glen").  This should create a compiled
version of Swarm in the /tmp directory along with two tarballs
called swarmbin.tar.gz and swarmsrc.tar.gz.  All you would need
to do is put the swarmbin.tar.gz somewhere where I can get at
it and send me an e-mail message.  (Or upload it into
ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/users-contrib/incoming.)

We'd appreciate this very much.

glen