64-bits (32 too many?)

From: Ricardo Adrian Serrano-Ledee
Subject: 64-bits (32 too many?)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 16:16:05 -0500

The SGI O2 I have been assigned uses a MIPS R5000 64 bit processor
running at 180 Mhz.  I was led to belive that Swarm could be made to run
on a platform that had Irix 6.3 (and all the other stuff: tcl, gcc,
etc.) I assume that the comment below refers to a problem with numeric
accuracy, or something of the sort?  My employer is very interested in
running Swarm on this machine, that's why I'm hacking away at this task.
Could you be more specific regaring Swarm and 64 bits?

--

 Ricardo Serrano.