Re: Getting Mac Linux is not worth the trouble.

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: Getting Mac Linux is not worth the trouble.
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:34:53 -0500

Hi Glen-
I think it's more important to get a gcc binary or RPM for MkLinux that is
able to compile Obj C -- the gcc that comes with MkLinux DR2 can't.  You
have to apply 2 patches, one from the MkLinux DR2 and one from the recent
Gnustep snapshot.  Compared to installing gcc, installing Swarm is trivial.
My porting notes describe how to install both gcc (with Obj C) and Swarm,
and that works fine.  But installing a Swarm binary alone wouldn't do much
good, since you couldn't compile any apps.  For the time being, people
should probably just follow my porting notes, unless someone has time to
upload an RPM for the patched gcc.

It was great hanging out with all of you in Santa Fe!
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                      <mailto:address@hidden>
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems