bibledit-general

Re: [be] multiple font support for notes

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: Re: [be] multiple font support for notes
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:35:06 +0700

Teus,

Thank you for your help. I am contacting the macports people. But I am still confused. Does that mean I need to contact the linux core people and someone working for microsoft as well? I really do not understand why all of my programs can "know" that I have changed keyboard, but bibledit doesn't. Somehow bibledit needs to link to an already available service. (It must be already available for all of the other programs to do it successfully.)

BTW which programming language is bibledit written in?

If I hear from the macports people I will post here. Hopefully as this glitch is worked out it will make bibledit even more useful and available to a wider audience. Who should I contact for Linux and Windows? I am willing to write to them as well. Sorry I can not code. I really appreciate your providing this software.

For God's glory,

Brian

I changed the default language on my macĀ

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Teus Benschop <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 06:17 +0700, Brian Wilson wrote:

> If I change keyboards on my mac, I can type in the language of that
> keyboard in any program that is installed on my mac *except* bibledit.

Yes, I understand that this is the problem. Clearly, bibledit works
differently with the keyboard than the native Mac programs.

> No matter which keyboard I have active, the result is English text.
> Where is bibledit-gtk getting its information?

I must admit I do not know the underlying systems that provide Bibledit
with the characters while you type. The MacPorts systems are supposed to
see this, or you need to install extra software in MacPorts that can see
your special keyboard. But this is something that I have no knowledge
of. My suggestion is to ask the people at http://www.macports.org/.

> I have English set as the default language, but I frequently type in
> two other languages in more than a dozen programs. Somehow these
> programs "know" when I have changed keyboards.

Yes, these others know, but bibledit does not know. Even on Linux, where
Bibledit is developed, Bibledit does not know anything about keyboard.
It just gets the data delivered and passes it to the text editor. The
problem really is not in bibledit, but in the supporting systems.

Teus