bibledit-general

Re: [be] multiple font support for notes

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: Re: [be] multiple font support for notes
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:32:11 +0700

Jonathan,

While the programs are installing, I will answer a few of the easier questions.

>> Well, I see now that gnucash on my mac does not like Thai. Unable to
>> enter Thai in gnucash, but haven't looked at the settings.

>OK.  Is your installed copy of GNUcash macports-based?

It looks like it is not a macports install.

>> I have Thai, Lao and Greek keyboard's installed on the mac,

>Just to be clear: these are software-defined keyboard layouts, right?
>Not different physical keyboards, with different layouts and keytops,
>each needing to be physically plugged in to the machine?  It is probably
>possible to plug three separate different physical keyboards into a Mac
>at once, but I doubt it is very common :)

Mac and windows both have language bars where keyboards can be installed to type various languages. I think it is part of the OS. On the mac there is a little flag at the top of the page where I can click and change the language if I choose not to use the keyboard shortcut.

>OK, good.  It may seem basic to you, but that's really useful info for
>this issue.  Incidentally, how exactly are you selecting keyboards
>(keymaps) in Linux?

Alt-Shift. I could also click on the keyboard on ubuntu and change it that way if I wanted to.

Gedit is taking forever to install. As soon as I test the three text editors you suggest I will let you know the results.

Brian