human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] primary resources

From: Guillaume Cottenceau
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] primary resources
Date: 17 Apr 2002 12:40:15 +0200

dams <address@hidden> writes:

> and 50000 miles distant. BTW, this reminds me something I wanted to add:
> The units could use energy. e.g. : you have to rest if you walk too fast, you
> need oil to refewl your army, and you need to repair the vehicules when using
> it a long time. It could also cost ressources to have vehicules/units even if
> they don't do anything, just to avoid the deteriorates. These cost are less
> important for defense.

I think your proposition is realistic but too boring for a
player. It needs to be automatic to be playable.

I've already thought that "each batiment means a continuous levy
on the city's provisioning"[1], this needs to be extended to
complex/advanced units, yes, for example a tank needs a
continuous amount of oil.

> This seems complicated to handle when playing, but it's not if those costs are
> very low. they will be important only if you have a huge army, or if you don't
> do anything of your offense power. This can be nice to avoid that one player
> with superior army automatically wins. But this concept should not bring down
> the playability, and fun.

Ref:
[1] http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/human-beings/mission_statements.html

--