[Fsfe-uk] Translation, was: Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:09:54 +0100

On 2003-10-22 13:02:49 +0100 Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote:

All three requirements above are something I am currently looking for a
tranlsation project.

I'd like to hear more about this. Can you tell me what you want to use? Kartouche?

and guidance... it can be very daunting for someone new, to find their
way through all the different platforms for development and why
sourceforge is not cool anymore etc.

Yes, linking to guidance towards good free software development would be a very good idea. Does anyone have links they wish to recommend?

Thank you for the other translation links. When we put up a page describing UK-based translation efforts, I will use them.

what we would need first is a bit more interest from affs memebers
interested in this kind of thing excluding mjr and myself.

I think I need a bit more idea about exactly what you want us to do. Then we can put something in the newsletter and get a bit more interest. We may just need to list people. For example, you work on GNOME and I work on GNUstep (or at least, I would if it were not for some problems just now). Not a lot of common ground there. Finally, yes, we need more list admins. That includes fsfe-uk too.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden