[Fsfe-uk] Re: Translation, was: Mailing lists

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Date: 23 Oct 2003 13:24:11 +0100

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 11:09, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2003-10-22 13:02:49 +0100 Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > All three requirements above are something I am currently looking for
> > tranlsation project.
>
> I'd like to hear more about this. Can you tell me what you want to
> use? Kartouche?

Yes.
I've been in touch with Kevin and everythings postponed for next week.

In my specific need the work flow will have to be modified a bit but
Kevin also  has updated the code too to what is out there.

Need a shell account for this. I have my own one but this could become a
busy project in two years time and do not want to shift it around.

> > and guidance... it can be very daunting for someone new, to find their
> > way through all the different platforms for development and why
> > sourceforge is not cool anymore etc.
>
> Yes, linking to guidance towards good free software development would
> be a very good idea. Does anyone have links they wish to recommend?

Once snooping around your site I found a good resource on how to lurk
lists etc. I have decided to break the rules as set on that document
here a bit though.

this is another

> Thank you for the other translation links. When we put up a page
> describing UK-based translation efforts, I will use them.

I am sure you are aware of the great Welsh effort ..100% in record time

To highlight kyfieithu(.org.uk) here is 'cy'...

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/cy/

In KDE too.

> > what we would need first is a bit more interest from affs memebers
> > interested in this kind of thing excluding mjr and myself.
>
> I think I need a bit more idea about exactly what you want us to do.

Well, I do not want to speak too soon (as the task ahead for me is huge)
but Kartouche should be helpful and I came across it through the AFFSAC.

So 'networking' helps.

I remember a whole load of wants but can't think of any now in an
organised fashion.