Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Date: 23 Oct 2003 20:24:23 +0100

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 17:29, GNOME Foundation wrote:
> Hello Telsa,
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 05:42, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
>
> > The situation is that there are quite a few Gnome people in the
> > UK,

> [...]  It's much easier to get users involved after
> someone from GNOME gives an exciting presentation to a LUG.

Very true.

Such presentations if given from a point of view
of getting people more involved in developing GNOME,
Doc writing and l10n would get a boost.
So will the foundation membership.

In my experiences most people do not realise how free software projects
work and these projects are waiting for more participation and there are
many tasks that needs doing etc. They have to be told. Probably hard
work but will be well worth it.

A mailing list can coordinate such events and provide a continuum to
such new conscripts.

Hope this takes off.

Best wishes.