Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:36:56 +0100

On 2003-10-23 13:46:12 +0100 Brian Teeman <address@hidden> wrote:
Personally I would rather that the space inside the stand is reserved for exhibitors only, especially from a security point of view.

That is a valid view, but I think it's unusual and would cause problems. Very few exhibitors do not invite people onto their stands.

From the expo feedback I have had from all the exhibitors in the .Org
village I'm afraid that you are in a minority of one in wanting to hold meetings in the stand

Experiences from other shows suggest that "birds of feather" meetings are normally a popular attraction. I know several even took place at NEC, stealing some of the copious free space on and around the .org stand. There are 20 groups listed, but I don't think all were there, so over 5% of us have mentioned meetings without being asked ;-) Yes, still a minority, but maybe something worth investigating.

I just wanted to correct a few things.

What would you like to correct?

what it's worth, I'd like to see future versions include the possibility to talk to people at the stand without blocking the display
I am open to any suggestions as to how this can be achieved.

Access to the stand floor space for visitors is the only thing I can think of, but maybe someone has an innovative solution?

At Olympia, I seemed to have trouble with background noise, too.

Clarification: just ambient noise. Olympia seemed to echo like crazy compared to the NEC. Not something easy to fix with the stand design, I suspect.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden